Published: 06 August 2019
Bluebird, not the one from the Coniston Brewery, this one is from Lenton Lane and it's bloody delicious. My opinion may be influenced by my state of exhaustion following a day of excessive knee flexion in the name of bathroom renovation but at the moment at least I think it'sa cracker.
Max however is less impressed. It seems the Strat has discontinued the free dog treats and he is not a happy puppy. "You should start a petition" he said.
"Why should I start a petition, I don't eat dog treats"
"No but you do sit in the pub typing. Why don't you type something useful for a change? Let the people know what's going on, call upon the owners to restore the status quo, write vitriolic tropes and memes attacking the supporters of this disastrous change of policy, for every thing they've ever said."
"What are tropes and memes?"
"I don't know" said Max "Your the Facebook book user, look it up".
"I have done, but some how the meanings don't seem to stick, is it English?"
"Which? Said Max, "the words or the meanings?"
"I'm not sure we'd be any further forward if the meanings weren't English"
"Isn't that rather chauvinistic? Said Max.
"I don't know, I'm 67 and very tired"
"Hrrumph" said Max, "I'm 84 and I haven't had a biscuit".
Beer and biscuits
- Ludlow Blondes
- Ilkley Summer
- Midnight Owl
- Dancing Duck
- Bass in the Chestnut
- Harvest Pale
- Slap in the Face
- Elsie Mo
- Green King IPA
- The Famous Grouse
- Snowhite Pale
- Electric Dreams
- Theakston's Old Peculiar
- Bass - King's Head
- Speculation Ale
- Summer Storm
- Black Sheep
- Citra - The Embankment
- Butcombe Original
- Oakham Citra
- Catch the Rain
- Modern Love
- Postcode Envy
- Shipstones' Goldstar
- American IPA
- Brother Rabbit
- La Dame Aux Camilias - Alexandre Dumas
- Turn of the Screw - Henry James
- The Beast in the Jungle - Henry James (1903)
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Caroll 1807
- Man and Maid - Elinor Glyn (1922)
- The Hollow Needle - Maurice Leblanc = 1909
- Montpelier Parade - Karl Geary
- Five Run Away Together. - Enid Blyton
- Dracula - Bram Stoker - 1897
- Days Without End - Sebastion Barry (2016)
- The Witch Finders's Sister
- A Week in December - Sebastian Faulks
- The Devil and Miss Prym - Paul Coelho - 2000
- The Long and Winding Road - A Memoir (Alan Johnson 2016)
- William (Richmal Crompton 1929)