Published: 19 September 2019
Citra in the Billy. Good beer in a splendid pub.
Max is content at last, he refused to come in to "Ultimate Outdoor" and whined in "Blacks".
"No I didn't" said Max, "I merely pointed out that waiting for someone to select a pair of shoes is one of God's trials, designed to expose the godly and the ungodly, a test of the which, as a bloke who has had occasion to accompany women engaged in a similar activity, you should be fully cognisant".
"Ah but that test Max, includes being pressed to express not only an opinion but ultimately a choice. A choice which surely will be rejected with scorn or incredulity, as being unhelpful, mean, inappropriate or even downright hurtful. Whereas all you were required to do, was to lie quietly and raise an eyebrow at the prices."
"Whatever." said Max "I think that is a uniquely human problem upon which I am reluctant to comment but I di suggest, if you truly believe that I am whining, that you take remedial action by way of the giving of biscuits and failing that, going home".
"You don't want to see the art exhibition?"
"I think you already took an executive decision on that one, when you left me tied to the table leg while you looked around." said Max.
Beer and biscuits
- Manhattan Project
- Netherfield Lagoons.
- Ludlow Blondes
- Ilkley Summer
- Midnight Owl
- Dancing Duck
- Bass in the Chestnut
- Harvest Pale
- Slap in the Face
- Elsie Mo
- Green King IPA
- The Famous Grouse
- Snowhite Pale
- Electric Dreams
- Theakston's Old Peculiar
- Bass - King's Head
- Speculation Ale
- Summer Storm
- Black Sheep
- Citra - The Embankment
- Butcombe Original
- Oakham Citra
- Catch the Rain
- Modern Love
- Postcode Envy
- Shipstones' Goldstar
- American IPA
- Brother Rabbit
- The Enemy Within (4th Edition) - Seumas Milne 2014
- Tessa, The Trader's Wife - Louis Becke (1901)
- The End of the Tether - Conrad (1902)
- La Dame Aux Camilias - Alexandre Dumas
- Turn of the Screw - Henry James
- The Beast in the Jungle - Henry James (1903)
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Caroll 1807
- Man and Maid - Elinor Glyn (1922)
- The Hollow Needle - Maurice Leblanc = 1909
- Montpelier Parade - Karl Geary
- Five Run Away Together. - Enid Blyton
- Dracula - Bram Stoker - 1897
- Days Without End - Sebastion Barry (2016)
- The Witch Finders's Sister
- A Week in December - Sebastian Faulks
- The Devil and Miss Prym - Paul Coelho - 2000
- The Long and Winding Road - A Memoir (Alan Johnson 2016)
- William (Richmal Crompton 1929)